Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, October 20, 2017

Ipoh Trip (18 & 19 Oct 2017)

The day we arrived in Ipoh on 18 Oct 2017 was my parents' 47th wedding anniversary.  They were married on Deepavali day 47 years ago.

At night, we had a simple dinner at Kok Thai Restaurant to celebrate their 47th loving years together.

Dad is 74 and mum 71 years old this year. May God bless them with the best of health and happiness together for many more years 💘💘

Mum is wearing a blouse I gave her from my online store.






The next morning, we were up early to have breakfast at the Simee morning market.  We had authentic Hakka fishball noodles at this stall that we have been patronizing since I was a toddler.




One of the best Hong Kong style Chee Cheong Fun can be found in this stall at the Simee morning market.




After breakkie at the Simee market, we shopped for  groceries at Tesco for making minced chicken pie and chicken meat floss.


Cass with her 'best buddy'. That's what she calls her granny.

Drama Queen and mum made chicken pie for lunch.





Chef Sher's minced meat pie is still the tastiest pie ever that I have tasted.
















My mum showed me how to make crispy chicken meat floss so that when I return to KL, I can try making it on the Tesco bread maker that she had recently given me.




In the evening, I brought Cass for a walk round the neighborhood and to the nearby Siamese temple by the hills.





Cass and I love climbing up the steps leading to the pinnacle of the temple to enjoy the scenery.








No comments: