Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Home Cooked Dishes

This is a throwback post on the yummy dishes that the mil whipped up just before she left for Hawaii.

Ribeye steak with homemade mashed potatoes.  I made the mashed potatoes. It was a no-rice dinner and the girls were so happy! Mashed potatoes are so easy to make and this batch that I made tasted so close to those sold at restaurants.  There are only 4 seasonings for the mash: pure butter, salt, fresh milk and coarse black pepper. I figured that the good brand of pure butter that I used gave it a creamy lift. This time, I didn't even bother to use the hand mixer. Cass and I mashed the potatoes with fork and spoon.  The mash tasted even better the next day.





Chicken cooked with rice wine, Bentong ginger and wood fungus; ribeye steak again (YAY from the girls!) with onion sauce and sauteed spinach. This was a meal high in iron, cooked especially for me as I was still then under my 1 month post-surgery 'confinement'.





Now that my total blood count has gone up, I am going easier on red meat.  Fibroids are believed to be a hormone-related disease. Therefore, consuming foods that impact hormone levels are thought to pose a risk. A diet high in meat, especially red meat, is naturally higher in saturated fat and added hormones than a diet limiting these foods. Diets higher in saturated fat have been linked to higher estrogen levels, which could worsen existing fibroids and may cause re-growth of fibroids in the uterus.


No comments: