Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, June 2, 2017

Post Surgery Nourishing Food

My parents who are my biggest cheerleaders have been in KL since the eve of my surgery.  By just being next to me at my hospital bed to walking me to the OT door, to the first few people whom I saw after I came to, they were with me at my darkest moments. This means a lot to me.

My dad, a self-taught chef has been whipping up sumptuous dishes for me to nurse me back to health. I am definitely recovering from strength to strength by the day.

Here are some of the comfort food that my dad and mil prepared...


Chicken with homemade rice wine, ginger slices and 'ngai' (mugwort). This dish is outrageously good and it's pretty simple to cook as well. 



Steamed minced pork with water chestnut and dried cuttlefish strips, another lip-smacking homecooked dish.



Pan-fried fish with turmeric and ginger; pork liver and kidney soup with mugwort; braised bitter gourd (partially shown) and stir-fried cabbage (partially shown)




Braised pork ribs with homemade preserved plums made by the hubs' aunt in Taiwan, another insanely appetizing dish that goes well with rice, porridge, noodles or just on its own, like what I do.




Red dates + blue dates + tong sum (poor man's Ginseng) tonic boiled in slow cooker


Today is the fourth day after my surgery and I am feeling very  much like myself again. I am very sure that by next week, I will be able to start my early morning brisk walking again 💪


No comments: