Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Grilled Cheese On Cream Crackers

My friend and her hubby paid me a visit last week. They gave me a big tin of Jacob's original cream crackers, a gigantic bottle of Ribena, a big packet of red dates and American ginseng. They are old school like that - cream crackers and Ribena must go hand in hand when it comes to gifting to sick / convalescing friends. So very sweet and thoughtful of them to come all the way from Shah Alam to visit me with the goodies πŸ’—

I can't remember when the last time was that I bought original cream crackers. I used to eat them for breakfast so very often when I was in college. I would dunk the cream crackers into Milo / coffee. It was such a fast, convenient and economical breakfast that could fill me up until lunch. My dad still eats cream crackers dunked into his coffee till today.


The other day, Alycia found a novel way of enjoying cream crackers. She placed cheddar cheese on the crackers and grilled them in the toaster oven for a few minutes. Then, she spooned some 'tau kok lup' (a dish consisting of sauteed long beans, carrots, meat, prawns, peanuts and preserved radish - all diced)  on top of the crackers with cheese, turning it into a pizza cracker!  I thought it was a weird combo but it turned out to be epic! Soon, Cass and Drama Queen followed suit. And I helped myself to a piece too.  

I thought that the girls wouldn't fancy eating cream crackers as they are pretty tasteless and dry but now, they have found a novel way of savouring this crispy and delightful snackπŸ˜‹πŸ‘


No comments: