Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, August 26, 2016

Baked Chicken Fingers

It's been more than half a year since I last baked chicken fingers.   Since I wanted to dish up something that's fast (I've been really busy with work lately), yummy and resembles chicken nuggets (the girls' favorite!), baked chicken fingers is the perfect healthy alternative.



Image may contain: food

I pulsed 3 slices of wholewheat bread on my Shimono blender to get the bread crumbs.

No automatic alt text available.


Drama Queen helped to beat the eggs...

Image may contain: 1 person



She also helped to coat the boneless chicken breast meat  with the egg mixture and bread crumbs...

Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting, food and indoor



I baked at 150C for 15 minutes on each side. The outcome was great. The chicken fingers were crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside.

I had earlier marinated the chicken breast meat with soy sauce, pepper and coriander powder.

Image may contain: food



I also made a quick soup using chicken bones, carrots, tomatoes, sweet corns and added Ikan Tenggiri fish paste and organic Chinese cabbage.

Image may contain: food


Image may contain: twilight and food



Cheat chicken nuggets with sweet corn and carrots from the soup as healthy sides.
Did you know that sweet corns contain zeaxanthin and lutein which are your eyes' best friends? Yep, along with carrots, sweet corns are great for your eyes too.

Image may contain: food


I wanted to see if the chicken fingers would taste better with bread crumbs or without, thus I baked two varieties.

Verdict - the ones coated with bread crumbs were way better (not as dry) and crispy.


Image may contain: food






No comments: