Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, June 13, 2016

Short Holiday In Penang (7-8 June 2016)

Pictures taken during our holiday in Penang from 7 - 8 June 2016:

Below - Alycia and Sherilyn playing badminton on the beach.

Image may contain: outdoor



Below - Cass collecting seashells with daddy by the beach. Surprisingly daddy still likes seashells! Well, I still love seashells as well.  Seashells remind me of the wonderful time I spent with my papa when he brought my brothers and I to Golden Sands @ Pangkor Island for a holiday many, many, many moons back. I was about 6 years old and I remember that the Golden Sands beach was really beautiful, pristine and impeccably clean.  We could swim in the crystal clear sea water without getting that itch on our body.  I remember waiting for the waves to come and sweep us away with my papa catching me when I was thrown by the waves into the sea water. Those days were so carefree and happy.  I also remember picking up really pretty, big and perfect seashells, which my mum still keeps them up until today!  Our girls marveled at those perfect seashells, which still look shiny and unflawed though they were sitting untouched in a dark corner for almost 4 decades!

Image may contain: 1 person, outdoor


I can never get enough by gazing at the ocean. It just gives me a sense of serenity, calmness and relaxation with my worries and woes gently swept away by the sea water.   When I look into the ocean, I perfectly understand why my friend and her hubby sold all that they have and used up all their savings to open a diving resort in Perhentian Island. They now live on the island with their 2 kids, who are home-schooled.

Image may contain: one or more people, sky, outdoor and water


After some seaside activities, the foodie hubs ordered some light snacks of satay and pizza.  We were anticipating some less than tasty hotel food but we were so wrong. The satay was perfectly grilled - tender, tasty and without a tinge of burnt meat on it. The pizza was yummylicious too. We thoroughly enjoyed the food though we were really stuffed from what we ate at Sin Kheng Aun,  Rainforest and Mugshot in the afternoon... not forgetting those Apong Guan which I stuffed myself gloriously in vengeance for missing it for 2 years.

Image may contain: food and indoor


We all love Penang. If we could afford a luxury condo along Gurney Drive, I really wouldn't mind moving to Penang to stay. Everyday would feel like a holiday whenever I look out of the window to gaze at the ocean.

Image may contain: one or more people, outdoor and water

No comments: