Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

A Flexitarian's Lunch - 23 February 2016

Did I tell you that I am slowly transforming into a flexitarian?

These days, I eat very little meat and eggs, both to bring down my cholesterol reading as well as to reduce my carbon foot print.

If you read my other blog too, you would have read that I have genetic high cholesterol, a condition where even with strict diet and exercise, it would be hard to bring down one's cholesterol reading.

How sad, huh?

Fortunately, I am not one who lives to eat. I am pretty simple and don't have extravagant taste or crave for rich food.

When live throws lemons at me, I make the tastiest lemonade :D

These days, my meals consists of 80% veggies, whole grains, nuts and seeds.  I try to eat raw greens for lunch while my dinner would consist mainly of a bowl of soup with organic oats and lots of greens.

This is my lunch today...


Image may contain: food


Raw baby greens salad with organic cherry tomatoes, toasted pumpkin seeds, raw walnuts, Japanese seaweed seasoning, coarse black pepper and a salad dressing composed of organic apple cider vinegar + maple syrup (low GI) +  dash of naturally brewed soy sauce + toasted sesame seeds and 4 slices of super skinny char siew .... washed down with a glass of  cooling barley + screwpine leaves water.


Image may contain: food




2 comments:

Barbara Ng said...

Awesome. What an inspiration. I hope I can reduce my meat intake. Will try it out!

Health Freak Mommy said...

I know you can do it Barb! :) :)