Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, April 13, 2015

Our Sunday - 12 April 2015 (Eve Of Exam... Again!)

The girls and I wanted something light and nothing meaty for lunch yesterday as we had a meat-heavy lunch the previous day.  And the girls wanted something quick at a place that's not too far from home as they have a lot of revision to be done at home.  They aren't the very disciplined type who would prepare well ahead of time. Their motto is eleventh hour rush, which I strongly detest! But the mummy is too tired of nagging. So I let them be coz they will be accountable later on.  I will not sign any of their test papers if they get below 80/100!  But good marks will rake in good rewards too la.

And so the foodie hubs brought us to Encore Patisserie Cafe, a much loved French-style patisserie offering a cornucopia of sweet treats, scrumptious savories and Aussie house brand coffee.

This Sydney-based patisserie was founded by an experienced Aussie pastry chef and expanded to Malaysia recently by a local guy.

Try their signature mille feuille (layers of puff pastry sandwiched with custard cream) and sinfully rich mud cake.  They also have an assortment of pies for those hankering for something savoury.  Many of the pastries cost RM14 each, on the higher end of expectations but that is compensated with high quality pastries, which you will chow with delight.

Hubs ordered a mushroom quiche...





Cappuccino for hubs and me.  Hot chocolate for Sherilyn.




My personal favourite is their moreish almond croissant - yummy-ness overload!




Apple puff with a scoop of New Zealand vanilla ice-cream - fatness overload!!





Our main entree being sandwiches (with toasted Panini bread)...







Chicken pie set, which comes with salad and mashed potato...




Interior of our chicken pie...




Encore Patisserie Cafe
Address: 1, Jalan Bukit Desa 5, Taman Bukit Desa,
58100 Kuala Lumpur,
Wilayah Persekutuan
Phone:03-7972 7988


After a delightful carb-loaded lunch, the girls were  well satiated and all these sustained us until 7ish pm where we had dinner at a nearby eatery with more carbs.  I think I melted all those carbs away stressing myself out revising with someone as well as slaving in house chores.


 


Today is Cass' first exam in Primary 1. This exam will have positioning and the marks from all the tests in this year will be calculated for streaming in Primary 2. I wonder which class Cass will go to!   This exam also sees the parents collecting  report cards from the teachers.  I hope that Cass remembers all that I have revised with her and I pray that she will not be careless!

All the best in your exam girls! 





No comments: