Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, April 3, 2015

Dinner - 1 April 2015

Grilled herb and parmesan cheese chicken breast with panko bread crumbs, tomato omelette and blanched yau mak veggie...






This is my first time trying out this recipe, which I googled and got from EatYourselfSkinny.com. The recipe calls for Panko bread crumbs, which gives the exterior of the meat a crunchier texture.

I also bought dried basil leaves and dried thyme leaves for this dish.









Here's the recipe from Eat Yourself Skinny, but I tweaked mine a little...

Baked Parmesan and Herb Chicken 
Yield: 4 servings

INGREDIENTS 
4 skinless chicken cutlets
1 cup panko bread crumbs
2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. fresh rosemary
Chopped 2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
4 Tbsp light butter
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. minced garlic

INSTRUCTIONS 
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Combine panko bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and fresh herbs.
In a saucepan, melt butter and stir in Dijon mustard, Worcestershire and garlic.
Remove from heat. Dip chicken in butter mixture, roll in breadcrumb mixture, pressing gently to make sure all crumbs cling.
Place on baking pan and bake for about 30 minutes or until golden.



What the kids had to say:
A little heavy with cheese and butter.  I noticed that each time cheese is added into a dish (except for pasta or spaghetti), the kids will comment that it is heavy! Hmmm...
So... my conclusion is that I will ditch the cheese and butter whenever a chicken or rice recipe calls for them.
As I still have half a packet of Panko bread crumbs left, I shall make this again very soon.  This time, I shall replace the butter and Dijon mustard mixture with just egg wash.    My kids have typical Chinese DNA.  The Westernized combo of Dijon mustard, butter and cheese just don't tickle their fancy, just yet :)



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks very yummy. Shall try this one day...

Chris said...

U can mix the panko crumbs with olive oil. That looks like a lot of work, I usually have a one pot meal, either in the rice cooker or wok. Btw, I baked a cake with the rice cooker the other day...upside down Apple cake, really works!

Health Freak Mommy said...

Wow, rice cooker cake! How's the taste?