Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, November 3, 2014

All About The Drama Queen

The drama queen has proven her prowess again.  Early this year, she told me with resolute that she would strive to get to the top three in the Program Nilam (Nilam Reading Program) carried out in her school.  NILAM is an intensive reading program planned for all pupils in public schools, carried out by the MoE.

To help her reach her goal easier, she volunteered to be a school librarian.  She was elected and has been a librarian for a year now.  She would go to the library every day to read and then to fill out the Program Nilam book.  Fast forward ten months later.  She came home one day and announced that she has emerged the third prize winner in the Program Nilam - state level!  There was a letter from the MoE to the school and she was given a copy of the letter.  Last week, her teacher brought her  to another school to receive her reward, which was RM50 cash!

Last Friday, the drama queen told me nonchalantly that she would be taking part in a Malay story telling competition to be held in school on Tuesday this week.  I was shocked!  For someone whose BM language is not strong, how could she be taking part in a story telling competition?!  But her weakness is not a problem to her.  I asked her if she was nervous and she said "NO?  For what?!"

The drama queen is a sucker for taking part in competitions.  Whether she is good enough for the competition is besides the point.  She loves taking part for the sake of being on stage and facing the crowd!  Winning would be a bonus.   I wish I had her guts and chutzpah.  Since pre-school, she has taken part in numerous competitions from singing to talent time, drawing, reading, Math (and she is not even very good in Math!) and her love being story-telling.

Since last night, the drama queen has been reciting a short story in BM.  She asked me for suggestions in perfecting her introduction.  I wish her the very best and though I know she would not come up tops, I am nevertheless very proud of her initiative, courage and determination.  She is indeed a drama queen and I hope that some day, her dream of being a real drama queen or singer will be realized :D

Life at home will never ever be a bore with a real life drama queen living with you.  And you know what?  Today a scary drama in real life happened and it was because of the drama queen.  It scared the shit out of me.  I will tell you this drama in my next post, so stay tuned! ;)


No comments: