Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Dinner For A Rush-Like-Mad Day - 29 October 2014

Yesterday was another rush-like-mad day for me, all because I had to make 6 trips just for the sake of my drama queen.  Her hip hop dance teacher is giving them double classes a week to practise for an upcoming public performance.  It will be Sherilyn's first time performing a dance in public. 

Luckily I had my dinner ingredients all prepared in the fridge.  They were meant for dinner 2 nights ago but there was a change in plan and we ate out.  So I had the purple cabbage cleaned and julienned and my black promfret fish marinated nicely. All I needed to do was to fry the cabbage with some minced pork (also marinated 2 days earlier) and crank up the oven to grill the fish.

Grilled black pomfret fish, marinated with turmeric, ground coriander seeds, pepper, salt and grilled with olive oil.




Purple cabbage stir-fried with minced pork.


I still have a portion of fried cabbage in the fridge for today's lunch. I'll just mash up some hard-boiled eggs, squeeze some mayo on it and give it a few shakes of pepper.  Cass likes this kind of food for lunch.  Thank God I have quite an easy-to-please child which makes life easier for me!

Sherilyn will eat at the enrichment center and Alycia will eat in school. She will have to stay back till 3:30pm every day until next year when her UPSR exam is over.



No comments: