Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Buying Herbs and Spices Online

Cooking wholesome and nutritious food for my kids is now something that I look forward to. Though I do not look forward to the washing, chopping, oil splatters and greasy kitchen tops and floor, the happy and satisfied looks on my kids' faces make all the hard work sweating it out in the kitchen all worth it.

If you have been following my blog, you will know by now that I will only cook dishes that are fast and easy to dish out.  I allocate an hour to a maximum of 2 hours a day in the kitchen to dish out lunch and dinner.  I seldom prepare Chinese dishes as it involves a lot of garlic and onion chopping, as well as frying and braising.  Thank God for my oven, I use it almost everyday to grill meat and to bake wraps or toasts.   My oven is my life savior when I do not have enough time to fire up the wok to fry a fish or braise a chicken.  With an oven, I can easily whip up a very flavorful meat dish without the need for chopping up garlic or onions.  And there is no oil splatter on the floor or on my hands :)

What I find extremely useful in adding flavor to my grilled meat dishes are herbs and spices.  Some of the spices that I use almost daily are ground coriander seeds, dried rosemary, ground cumin, Chinese spices and black pepper.  These spices impart such aromatic flavor to the chicken and fish dish that I do not even need to use any bottled sauces for marinating my meat.  However, it may not be easy to find certain herbs and spices in some of my recipes.  Today I found a website for ordering great herbs and spices online.  This website has such an awesome range of herbs and spices to flavor up your dishes as well as for health supplements. Check out the link above to find out more!


2 comments:

mun said...

Great range of spices and herbs but do they ship here from Australia?

Health Freak Mommy said...

Hi Mun, You can check their website and find out :)