Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Indian Breakfast On A Saturday - 27 September 2014

Hubs has some work to settle at his shop today, in preparation for several clients' functions. So today I am on my own again to settle the meals.

For breakfast, we had Indian rotis again at a nearby Indian restaurant.



Cass and Sherilyn had the classic roti canai. I saw someone seated next to us eating something that looked like a crispy fishing net and it appealed to me. So I asked the waiter what it was and ordered a roti rava to try. Good thing I was adventurous and tried roti rava. I immediately got hooked on it and so did the girls!  Roti rava is a crispy net-like looking Indian roti cooked with semolina, onions, chillies, grated coconut and veggies.  I love the three dipping condiments, consisting of dhall, coconut chutney and onion chutney -- healthy, natural and so flavorful!

My delish and crispy roti rava. Love it to bits and definitely going to this restaurant again next Saturday morning!

 



Someone ordered the wrong roti and got upset and whiny.  To placate her, I ordered what she actually meant to order, which was  roti tisu sprinkled with sugar (flour + margarine + oil + sugar = SIN + FAT!).




Total cost of our breakfast today was RM14.40 vs RM30+ at our regular Chinese coffee shop for char kuay teow, cee cheong fun and noodles.  This Indian restaurant is air-conditioned and clean vs. outdoor seating, unhygienic and smoky at the Chinese coffee shop.  Thumbs up to this Indian restaurant!

What did you have for breakfast today and how much did it cost?


6 comments:

Yannie said...

I am on vegetarian for the 9th Emperor celebration. Today I took curry laksa noodles and bubur cha cha . Sinful right?

Health Freak Mommy said...

Sheoh Yan, sinful but it's ok. You're so disciplined when it comes to working out. You will burn it all in just one gym session!

Chris said...

Mine was RM7, $5 for char koay teow and $2 for Ais kopi! Yummy!

Health Freak Mommy said...

Chris, are you back in Msia already?

Chris said...

Oh yes, been here 4 days already, heading over to Pg tmrw, then back here and over back to Melb. Eating everything along the way!

Health Freak Mommy said...

Chris, it sure sounds like a very fun globe-trotting trip for you, sampling so much good food! Enjoy yourself and safe travels!