Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, September 19, 2014

2D 1N Stay At Four Points Sheraton, Penang (16-17 September 2014)

This is one of the best and most fun-filled holidays for the girls in Penang.  Ever since Cass' operation in Penang in 2009, our family has been making yearly trips to Penang, for Cass to see the surgeon for follow-up consultations and new treatments.

This time, we stayed at Four Points Sheraton, Penang and we loved this hotel and the awesome beach.



The beach was teeming with an assortment of seashells. Never in our lives had we seen such a bountiful of seashells on a stretch of beach. 

 



Can you spot Alycia, Sherilyn, Cass, my dad and me in the picture below?



 

The girls could not contain their curiosity and got their daddy and koong koong to climb the rocks with them to the other side of the beach to check it out and bruised their knees and hands.  I joined in the fun too!  I used to do a lot of these adventurous stuff during my teenage days.  I'll bet you won't believe that this puteri lilin here who would literally melt in the sun was a Girl Guides Patrol Leader and an avid beach camper eh? ;)  Well, that was yonks ago.



The girls found some life clams and did an experiment by submerging a clam in some water in the hotel sink but nope, the clam did not open up.

 


Part of the girls' seashells loot.

 


My mum having fun in the pool with the 3 girls.









Can you believe my mum is just 2 years shy of her 70th birthday?  She is exactly 68 years old today!  Happy birthday mummy!  May God bless you with many, many more happy birthdays. I pray that you will live long enough to witness Alycia, Sherilyn and Cass' graduation from university and witness their wedding and birth of their children too! :)





The girls burying a dead crab...





And collecting seashells...



My 71YO dad helping the girls hold their bagfulls of seashells...




Everyone had a blast in Penang. Not forgetting the seafood - we had crabs and prawns for 2 days.  Hubs also brought us on a 'jalan-jalan cari makan' tour of Penang to search and tuck into the best hawkers food in Penang.  Hubs commented that he ain't going to touch crabs and prawns for the next 3 months. Hmmm, I shall see how long he can abstain from his favorite food!







4 comments:

mun said...

Glad to hear all of you have a fun time in Penang. Yes, can see all of you in the photo, you are nearest to the camera.

Happy Birthday to your mother! May she live a long, long time to see her great grandchildren.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Mun, thanks for the birthday wishes for my mum! :)

Unknown said...

Kids and beaches, there's something that connects them, but not moi. I'm more puteri lilin than you... don't camp, don't do beaches, don't do outdoors including hiking and stuff. Things that make me sweat... nah! but sadly i didn't inherit my mother's ipoh girl fair skin. You have fair skin so you don't have to worry about getting tanned. :P

Health Freak Mommy said...

Irene, I can see that you are not the adventurous type but are the very 'princessy' type who loves shopping and air conditioned places HAHA!