Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Crispy Baked Egg And Cheese Sandwich

I whipped this up for the girls' lunch some time back. It has been a great success and thus, I am posting the pix here. When I say success, it simply means that I have gotten the thumbs up from my persnickety foodie-in-the-making girls :)  Only HFM Angels'-approved- food will be posted here :D

First I boiled some hard-boiled eggs and heated up some snap frozen sweet corn kernels from Wattie's.  Then mashed the eggs up, added some Kewpie mayo, pepper and sprinkled some chia seeds.

Toast 2 

I used 3 slices of white bread for the girls and 2 slices of wholemeal bread for myself. As you can see from the picture below, I spread the egg mixture on the first slice, inserted a slice of cheese on the next 2 layers followed by another layer of egg mixture and finally on the top layer of bread, I spread it with butter before sprinkling some mixed herbs. Then in went the tray into the oven  for 15 minutes.

 
Toast1

The baked sandwich, hot from the oven... Toast3


Cut the sandwich into half to make triangles.  This was Cass' lunch, with her favorite Envy apples and some cool cucumbers.



toast4
The baked sandwich was really crispy, even after an hour later when Alycia ate her portion. I am going to bake this again today to finish up the left over bread in the fridge :)

2 comments:

mommy to chumsy said...

Yums! i should try this!

Health Freak Mommy said...

Barb, yes you shd try it. It's easy to prepare and because it's crispy, kids will surely love it :)