Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, July 19, 2013

Dinner Tonight (19 July 2013) - Bread Pizza and Grilled Portobello Mushrooms

My MIL has gone up North with my SIL from Hong Kong and will be away for a few days. So cooking has now been passed back to me. As usual, I will only whip up really easy meals that can be whipped up in a jiffy and with very minimal oil splatters and washing up to do.

For dinner tonight, I prepared bread pizza.



Ingredients used:
4 slices of homemade wholemeal bread
Tomato ketchup
Shredded roast chicken (breast meat)
Cherry tomatoes, halved
1 Avocado, cut into bite size wedges
Cheese

Method:
Spread tomato ketchup on the bread. Place the toppings on the bread and cheese on top. Baked in the oven for 15-20 minutes and voila, I have a crispy crust pizza that's really delish!  

I also bought a punnet of giant size BBQ Portobello mushrooms this morning.  After baking the bread pizza, I grilled the mushrooms.


Here's what I used as seasoning on the mushrooms:
Drizzle of olive oil
A tiny pinch of salt
Chopped spring onions
Cream cheese
Black pepper

The 2 mushrooms with cherry tomatoes were for Cass. The cherry tomatoes were used to identify the mushrooms for her as hers were without black pepper.

 

The girls enjoyed tonight's dinner very much.  The mushrooms very really juicy and flavorful and the bread pizza were so yummy that the girls asked for more.  Next time, I would have to make double recipe for both the bread pizza and grilled mushrooms *satisfied grin*

3 comments:

Chris said...

Sometimes the easiest meals are the tastiest. As mums we just have to find what works for the kids. I bet if you were to slave over a hot stove for 3 hours and whip up 4 dishes, they wouldn't enjoy it as much! This tactic I have learned my self as I have never had a maid, wait, I am the maid!

Mumsgather said...

Do you have to cook the chicken first?

Health Freak Mommy said...

Mumsgather, yes.. I used left-over roast chicken :)