Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Spin In My New Pink Car!

Last Sunday, the hubs finally had the time to bring me, along with the 3 brats for a spin in my new car, with me driving it for the first time. And it was the first time I drove a car in almost 6 years! Thank God, my driving skill ain't completely lost. The moment I started the engine and hit the wheels, memories of myself being the dare devil on the road 6 years ago took over me instantly! I was really glad that I can still remember how to maneuver a car! Driving a car is like riding a bicycle. You will not lose the skill completely. If you were once good in it, you will always be. And I was equally surprised that I did not lose touch of my parking skill just yet, albeit I admit that I have to improve on my L or side parking.

This morning, hubs brought me for my second refresher course. After dropping Cass in school, we went for breakfast at Ficelle Boulangarie and then went to the mini market. He suggested that we should do this every morning for at least another week until he gives me his stringent 'pass' LOL!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats and well done! Hope your driving skills improve day by day...your mum is so very proud of you, Shireen!

Health Freak Mommy said...

Thanks mum!

Adrine said...

Pink!!! I knew it!! :-)

For me, I was so scared of driving even after I got my drivers license. When I finally did (years later), the feeling was absolutely liberating!

MeRy said...

Well done......Hope your driving skills are getting better and better each day.

Yannie said...

I remember I was forced to refreshment driving lesson many years back by my then-bf (now husband) too, because we nearly broke out, when he taught me how to drive.

Chris said...

Congrats!! Enjoy your well-deserved, much anticipated new-found freedom!!

Ann said...

Colour approved! :)

Nothing like your own set of wheels to use and abuse.