Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Sherilyn Is Now Bespectacled!

Two weeks ago, Sherilyn was officially a sei ngan mui ('four-eyed' girl)!  After three checks with the optician and ophthalmologist, I was finally convinced that she has Astigmatism. She was actually diagnosed with Astigmatism since early last year but I was not convinced with the tests down by the optician and later the ophthalmologist. After the third test, I was finally convinced. I took the trouble and time to bring her for three tests done by three different doctors as I wanted to be uber sure that her eyes indeed needed corrective glasses. I did not want her to wear glasses because of a wrong diagnosis and prescription. And I had a hunch that this rascal wanted to wear glasses because her good friends are wearing eye glasses too.

I got her a reasonably priced purple colored plastic frame spectacles and I think she looks cute wearing it! And oh yes, the hubs also has to wear glasses now but only when he reads!

Machine test carried out by Dr C from ISEC @ Mid Valley.  This is the ophthalmologist who operated on Cassandra's eye Chalazion  3 years ago. It was after seeking confirmation from him that I was convinced that my rascal has Astigmatism.




And another round of test, before she was given a prescription.
Right eye Astigmatism is 250 and left eye over 100, which is pretty high for an 8-YO girl.





I think she looks prettier and cuter with the eye glasses put on :D

specky-sher-1.jpg


... and has a smart-girl and good-girl look too, when the glasses is put on LOL!!















7 comments:

Ben and Shaun said...

She looks super smart with specs.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Thanks Ben & Shaun's mummy!

Yannie said...

She looks diplomatic and demure with specs on. I like her pink outfit in the last picture.

coffeesncookies said...

stylish frames for the fashion savvy girl !

Inspired Momx1 said...

She looks so pretty and demure with her glasses on. :) My boy came back and told me his class teacher said he needed a pair of glasses when she conducted random eye test on her students. Took him to the optician who gave me the same answer, still not convinced and proceeded to the optometrist and ophthalmologist who again gave the same answer. No choice lor but to join the four eyes' club. :)

MeRy said...

She looks pretty...

chinnee said...

Love the way Sherilyn dressed up herself. She looks really pretty in her specs :)