Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Awesome Coral-Like Cauliflower-Brocolli!

My mil did our CNY marketing at the S17 wet market yesterday. When she came home with a cart full of fresh produce, the first thing that caught my eyes was this whatcha call cross-farmed brocolli-cauliflower with a coating that looks like sea corals!

Love the unique flouroscent green but this coral-like flower sure is too dodgy looking to swallow down my throat. I wonder if it was genetically modified. It is the first time I have seen such an awesome looking cauliflower-brocolli. For those of you living in the West, this may be quite a common veggie, eh?

Have you seen this before?

 cauliflower.jpg

2 comments:

coffeesncookies said...

I've seen this at Cameron Highlands.

Chris said...

I think it is actually called brocoflower. Have seen it here, a less pretty version, but not terribly popular and costs a bit more. Taste like a cross betw the 2 veggies. Yours looks so pretty and if not eating it, may be a great centre piece for the dinner table!
Another weird vegt is brocolini (broc crossed with rapini?) which is ok and not worth the extra $.