Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Sherilyn The Menace

This rascal not only drives me nuts with her ever mischief and clumsiness. She has driven my parents bonkers too during our week long stay in Ipoh. Yesterday, she made my dad blow his top when she :

1) At Tesco, she placed her tumbler on the moving escalator's hand rail to see if the tumbler would drop. Of course it dropped and it landed on the floor beneath  where the coin-operated kids rides were. Thank GOD no one was downstairs, else the heavy bottle of water could have injured someone's head badly and could possibly kill a toddler if it dropped on the toddler's head! My dad had to run downstairs like a mad man to retrieve the tumbler. He was enraged. He is hardly mad with the kids but this time he was fuming mad.

2) Moments later just as we were about to get into the car, she dropped her tumbler again and the tumbler rolled underneath the car!

3) That evening, while playing cushion-war, she threw a cushion onto a ceramic cup on the table and the cup dropped and broke!


4) In the evening, she pushed the dining table chair and hurt Cass' toes and made Cass wail in pain.

5) That night after her shower, she ran out of the bathroom in her birthday suit to look for her towel. She stepped onto the mattresses on the floor with her wet feet and wet the entire floor and mattresses. I was boiling mad! I had just bought her a pair of expensive and pretty Barbie ballerina flat and gave her a pep talk and thought she would be good but...

Sherilyn oh Sherilyn, why are you such a trouble-maker and making everyone so terrified of you? When will you ever be more considerate and keep your mischief contained?

4 comments:

May Yap said...

I guess every baby#2 is like that. I had my #2 slightly clumsier than baby#1 too.

coffeesncookies said...

Sher ! Oh Sher ! I pray you'll be more sang seng soon..
Shireen - although it infuriates you.. I can't help but laugh. .LOL !

Chris said...

Instead of yelling, which I know I'd want to do and is the seemingly easier way out, take a few deep breaths, then sit her down in a quiet corner and go through what she has done. Talk calmly, let her tell you what she did wrong and how she could do better next time. This way she is made to recognize her own actions and as well she has to formulate a solution. She gets to learn responsiblity which will be an important life lesson.

Unknown said...

Hopefully she will "outgrow" this soon...