Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, December 15, 2012

My Choice

If you have been a regular reader of my blogs, you may be wondering how I am still thriving without a live-in helper, despite the fact that I still have an online business running, online assignments to write and have to cook for the kids everyday and manage them.  The fact is that I have engaged a part-time helper who comes in for 2 hours everyday in the evening to help me clean the house and wash the dishes.  I know some of you will probably say that you'd rather save the RM30 and do the work yourself but for me, if RM30 can buy happiness and keeps me sane, why not?  Or some of you may prefer to eat out everyday or have catered food delivered to you to save the hassle of cooking and washing up.  But I want my kids to have homecooked food, even if it means more work and stress for me.  Some of you spend RM30 a day on luxuries like a cup of coffee and a slice of cake from coffee boutiques or on a nice nail art or on a stylish coiffured hair-do.  I can live without those luxuries and be happy without them.  Having them is icing on my cake.  I prefer plain cakes as a matter of fact ;)

My choice is that I have decided to keep my online business running and continue with my online assignments.  To see the figures in my bank accounts growing  everyday gives me a lot of self-satisfaction and security.  And I know I am just not cut to be a full-time housewife who cooks, washes and drives the kids around for activities. This is just too mundane for me.  I need a certain level of stress to keep my brain alert ;P

3 comments:

Inspired Momx1 said...

Ya, it's a matter of choice. People can say whatever they want but in the end we are still the one who decide what suits us best. You're doing great, mommy. Keep it up! :)

Chris said...

RM 30 is such a good deal! I'd pay CAD 30 for that kind of help! Once upon a time when we were both working full time and the kids were young, we had a cleaning service that came by every 2 weeks (which means I still have to clean in between) and that cost CAD 80 each visit. There were 2 cleaners and they were never here more than 2 hours.
If anyone wants to comment on how you run your household, they can come and clean anytime!

Health Freak Mommy said...

Inspired Mom & Chris, thanks! :)