Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, September 3, 2012

Ying Ker Lou Hakka Cuisine, The Gardens, Mid Valley City

We wanted something not so heavy for dinner and were all gamed to dig into some heart-warming Hakka dishes, so the hubs brought us to Ying Ker Lou @ The Gardens 2 Saturday evenings ago. It was our 2nd time at Ying Ker Lou and this time, it was much more satisfying and everyone enjoyed their meals thoroughly.

These are what we picked from the menu this time:

Shun Pun Zi (Stir fried yam balls), which was very flavorful because of the fried dried shrimps used to prepare this Hakka delicacy.




Yummy fried rice for my fried rice craze eldest daughter...



Hong Kong style flat rice noodles aka Chee Cheong Fun...




The mil's Lui Cha with brown rice.  Lui Cha is a healthy Hakka dish consisting of an assortment of chopped veggie, nuts, fried anchovies and refreshing mint broth.  You can opt for brown rice which  is a healthier alternative to white rice.




Pan Mein...



Chicken cooked in Chinese Rice Wine @ RM39 a pot, which was my order that night. I love this wine soup and can never get enough of this dish, though I was fed a total of 3 months with it during my 3 confinements :D
I think it's pretty expensive @ RM39 a pot and there were not more than 10 small pieces of chicken. With such a small portion, I could only have 2 small pieces of bony chicken to gnaw on. How pathetic eh?  I think half the price of this dish went towards payment of shop rental.




For 3 adults and 3 kis, this is the burn to the hubs' wallet.  Expensive?

As it was a pretty light dinner, our tummies were rumbling again about an hour later after burning off some calories shopping and walking around the mall.  At the request of my fast-food deprived girls, their daddy took away McD and some sinfully delish Crepe cakes before we left The Gardens and had a late supper of carbs at home.



Ying Ker Lou Restaurant Lot S 231 & 232,
Second Floor The Gardens Midvalley City
Lingkaran Syed Putra
59200 Kuala Lumpur.
03-2284 8480.

2 comments:

Little Kit Boy said...

Dining at Ying Ker Lou is actually quite expensive. I once had my lunch there with my colleagues.

But I think the food servied is quite nice. So far I only tried their pan mee.

Maybe one day should try out their other dishes with my family.

Chris said...

Love the food there!! Had a steamed fish once with tons of ginger puree and as well the pork meat balls, both sooo yummy!