Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, September 21, 2012

My Earnest Helper

In our house, there is a very reliable helper.  My 4yo baby girl loves helping out with the laundry and can even wash her own cup.  She is also in charged of helping me watch the water level in the kettle whenever I fill it up with filtered water.  Have I ever told you that I need to boil water 4x a day in a large whistling kettle?  Yup, we all drink water like a camel.

Yesterday, I did not ask Cass for help as she was doing something else and the result was disastrous!  The entire kitchen top and cupboards were flooded with water.  The problem with me is that I am always too ambitious and want to do several things at one time.  After I had turned on the tap and switched the water filter to alkaline water mode, I  went to the PC to answer one of my customer's query.  When I was back in just less than 2 minutes, the entire kitchen top was flooded, shiats!! I had forgotten that the hubs has just changed the filter and thus, the filter is working more efficiently and takes a shorter time to fill up the kettle.  As I was cleaning up the mess, I told Cass what had happened and she responded thoughtfully : "why didn't you ask me to help you?!"  I told her that I did not want to disturb her, to which she said that she does not mind helping me at all.  What a thoughtful and sweet little girl my baby girl is!


2 comments:

Granny StellaWong Yeow said...

Good girl, Cassandra. Good job too, keep it up!

Chris said...

Totally adorable!!