Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, May 7, 2012

My Kids Still Prefer Chopsticks

My kids are true blue Chinese.  They still prefer using a Chinese bowl, Chinese spoon and chopsticks to eat to plate, fork and spoon.  All 3 of them mastered using the chopsticks  at age 3 years old.  It is only when their mah mah is around that they get to use the chopsticks though as she uses them too. I do not really encourage usage of chopsticks by rascal #2 and #3 as they're not they type who would sit still during mealtimes. Chopsticks usage can be pretty hazardous for hyperactive kiddos like them who move about a lot during meal times.



 

8 comments:

LittleLamb said...

how did u trained them huh????

Yannie said...

My two girls also love using chopsticks to have their food. I allow them to do so only when they eat noodles.

Unknown said...

My kids also learn to use chop sticks on their own. They just hold it however they can, as long as can work :)
If I offer my son a choice of bowl, plate and banana leaf, he will choose banana leaf and eat with hand.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Rachel, they learned themselves :) As my mil uses chopsticks everyday, they too wanted to use and my mil bought them shorter ones for kids. It is thru frequent practices that they finally got the hang of it.

Kristie said...

Clever girls!

Daddy said...

WOW...so cool...even I have problems holding the chop sticks properly ...hehehe

mommy to chumsy said...

aww...so nice to see them eating with chopsticks and bowls.

MeRy said...

My boy also love to use chopstick while eating noodles.