Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, January 23, 2012

Our 1st Day of the Water Dragon 2012 Year

It's been a pretty quiet chor 1 for us. No friends and relatives visiting just yet as almost all our friends and relatives have gone back to their respective hometowns to celebrate CNY. We expect people to start coming on chor 3 onwards. As per our family's custom practiced since decades ago from my side and the hubs' side, the first day of CNY sees us eating fried vegetarian vermicelli and loh hon jai (a vegetarian dish). We do not always eat such dishes on normal days, so having a meat-free day today is well accepted by everyone. I'm really enjoying my peaceful and stress-free CNY holiday where business volume is zilch. I have the time to snack as I wish. Shelling almonds and peanuts is time consuming and I hardly have the time to do nut-snacking on normal days.... except for pre-shelled nuts. I even have the time to nap twice a day tee hee hee... How very peaceful and relaxing * syiok*

Ang pow giving ceremony...


Here's wishing all my readers a very very happy year of the water dragon!

1 comment:

MeRy said...

Gong Xi Gong Xi...