Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Lucky or Monotonous?

So many of my blog friends and Facebook friends have commented that CNY is just a week away and yet they have so much to do. I guess that I am the only one who is 'lucky' enough that I don't have to do any CNY preparations!

Pre-CNY 'chores' that most people celebrating CNY need to do:

Buy new clothes - I sell them, so I can get lots for myself and my 3 girls at the click of my mouse. So no need to make a mad rush to the mall, queue up for fitting rooms and to pay :D

Change new notes - We still have a stack of new notes from last year that were not used :D

Spring clean the house - we spring clean the house everyday, thank God for giving me a helper :D

Bake cookies - I never have to do this! This morning, the hubs brought us to our usual supplier of CNY cookies and bought 6 types of cookies and my mum is also making some. So sweat free for me :D

Planning CNY dishes for the first 3 days - never had to do any planning too as my dear MIL will be the cook. In years that she was away overseas, the hubs brought us to dine in the hotel :D

Decorate the house - my hubs and mil will normally be the house decorator, so I don't have to decorate or buy any CNY decor too :D

So am I considered lucky? Or I have a pretty monotonous and boring life? :D

6 comments:

Montessorimum said...

I am as monotonous as you.. I bake just for the fun of it in small volume. I have done nothing other than the two tubs of cookies .

Chris said...

You are LUCKY and best of all, you are able to cope with the annual madness! CNY is not such a big deal ard here, but Xmas is and I have learned to pace myself. Baked all the cookies by early Dec and all the gifts bought by end of Nov. Still there are always little things to do last minute but not stressful. Now u can truly enjoy CNY with yr family. Isn't that what it is all about?

Ben and Shaun said...

Yes, it's nice if there is no chinese new year prep. The malls and boutiques are crowded. Some Banks do not have new notes as yet.

Mommy to Chumsy said...

You are so lucky Shireen. No stress is good. I am still shopping and trying to decorate the house :P

Yannie said...

You are lucky. I am still shopping and decorating my house. This busy mood is kinda getting me in excitement too.

MeRy said...

You are so lucky..no need to bother about CNY preparations.