Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, October 14, 2011

Rare Sight of Big Bright Orange Moon

Last night at 9ish pm on 13 Oct 2011, my girls saw the moon but the moon looked pretty unusual. Not only was it big, round and very orangy, there was a butterfly-shaped halo surrounding the moon. They were screaming "WAH, look at the moon mummy, like a butterfly!" And I managed to zoom in and capture the picture with my Canon IXUS camera.



Sighting of the moon with a butterfly-shaped halo taken from the 5th floor of our unit.




Anyone saw this unusual halo on the moon last night?

1 comment:

coffeesncookies said...

I saw too. .it was beautiful. Yesterday was a very hot and sunny day and I think the lack of clouds made the moon more visible.