Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Thursday, September 22, 2011

She Ain't Heavy, She's My Baby Sister

Alycia often asks me why her baby sister is so 'weird'. When I asked her why she called her sister weird, she told me "because she does not talk like a baby. She talks like a 6 year old girl"! She told me that she wished Cassandra is still like a crawling baby and will always be cute LOL!!!

Just now while tucking them into bed, Alycia revealed her 'secret' to me... which touched the pit of my heart.

Alycia - mummy, do you know that every morning before going to school, I will lie down next to Cassandra? I will pinch her cheeks like "eeeeeeshhh" (and showed me how 'geram' she pinched her baby sister's cheeks) and kiss her cheeks.

And as she was telling me her 'secret', I was wondering if they were twins in their past lives. I am really touched and amazed with Alycia's love towards her baby sister. I know she misses her baby sister a lot while she is at school.

Alycia also revealed another secret to me... that she has been secretly carrying Cassandra whenever I am busy and not looking! I have always forbidden Alycia from carrying Cassandra, lest she drops the fragile little thing onto the floor. But how am I to be angry to see such strong love and bond between these 2 sisters?




She ain't heavy. She's my baby sister! I love pinching her cheeks and carrying her to bits!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

So heartwarming. Wonder what other little secrets she has.

Quay Po Cooks said...

It is good that sisters love each other. When they grow up they will always have someone they can trust to confide to.

Unknown said...

It always melts my heart to see siblings so in love with each other. That's cause I see too much of siblings fighting, hahah!

Yannie said...

Alycia and baby C are so close to each other. Not all the siblings are like them.

Yannie said...

Alycia and baby C are so close to each other. Not all the siblings are like them.

mommy to chumsy said...

aww...so heartwarming :)