Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day Lunch At Duck King @ Jaya One, PJ

We were actually lost for choices on where to go to celebrate Father's Day today. From yesterday through today, we just could not settle for a place to have lunch. Finally the hubs put the ball at my court. He gave me the call for the shot. We knew that hotels and Western food restaurants were out of our choice list as these places would always jump on special occasions to double or triple charge their customers. So we had Chinese food at Duck King @ Jaya One, PJ. I am never a fan of this feathery cute bird with long beaks but hubs love them. I chose Duck King as I wanted to have dim sum and the girls could tuck into noodles, their all-time favorite. Plus it was near our church.

We ordered some dim sum, 2 plates of veggie, a smoked mango duck and a pot of glass noodles with 1 crab. The pot of crab noodles cost a whopping RM58!





The smoked duck has a mild smoke flavor and pretty tasty. But the sauce is far too sweet and over-powering. Would give it a rating of 5/10 in the HFM's food meter.

3 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

wow..i wanna try the mango slice.. with duck meat!
Shireen, you are a christian too?

Chris said...

Uhmmm...not too many slices of smoked duck there, eh?
Duck goes very well with mangoes/ plum sauce/ lichee even. I cheat by buying a BBQ duck, deboning and making it into a salad with whatever fruit/ vegt on hand. Always a crowd pleaser. My mum does the same but converting it into a Thai curry.

Little Kit Boy said...

The smoked duck looks very yummylicious....eh...yum yum.

I think my hub will like to try here since he loves ducks.