Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Soaked In Stinky Vomit

See this baby doll who is as cute as a button... but she makes me worry the most with her medical condition since birth. But thank God, she's all OK now. We were supposed to be having a nice dinner at the Japanese restaurant on Friday to celebrate our 11th wedding anniversary but she was down with a supposedly stomach flu and was puking non-stop. Instead, we spent our night at the A&E Dept. of the hospital. Our cake was not cut that night. It is still not cut yet and sitting nicely in the fridge haha!

Instead of a nice, sumptuous dinner and a happy night with the girls, I was soaked in Baby's vomit - twice. Once at home and the second time at the Japanese restaurant. The vomit spewed onto my long flowing hair and soaked my dress, eeeeewwwwwwweeee!! Not exaggerating but my dress was really drenched with strawberry flavored Nutrifresh and half digested cream crackers, eaten by Baby half an hour ago, before she puked. The stench was horrid! Even after 2 washes, it still smells yucky! My helper wasn't spared and she had hot, stinky lava spewed on her face and clothes too.


No complaints. This is part and parcel of motherhood. Mothers all get vomit, poop, wee wee, goo goos and all unpleasant stuff on themselves, especially during the first 5 years of the child's life.

7 comments:

MeRy said...

Glad that Baby C is fine now.

Chris said...

Happy to hear C is better. What did A&E do?? Hope they did NOT give her antibiotics! Most impt thing is to keep her hydrated..even feeding water (best with a bit of sugar and salt in it to balance her electrolytes) by the spoonful, or flat ginger ale/ 7-Up. Best to lay off milk products. My son once threw up orange pop in the car....and the stains are impossible to remove!

chanelwong said...

glad to know she is well now.. n Happy Anniversary...

Nilofer said...

Aw... cute baby... Do visit my blog and leave your footprints by posting comments

http://parentingworkshop.blogspot.com/
http://fun-with-mails.blogspot.com/

Little Kit Boy said...

oh...hope she is well now.

Unknown said...

EEewwwww!!! How many times did you have to wash your hair and clothes to get it all out? Stomach flu is the one thing that I really really hate... and very infectious too, do remember to Dettol clean all surface area and laundry!

Ann said...

Oh gosh....glad that baby C is better now. If the kids vomit, I have to stop myself from gagging too. So, if all over my hair and dress, I think I will faint! :)

But you are right...a mother has to put up with everything.