Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Philadelphia cheese on toast

My mil has left behind quite a bit of baking stuff unused when she left for Hong Kong recently. She still has a block of cheddar cheese (which I am using it to make pancakes for the girls), a packet of Philadelphia cheese, a big packet of walnuts and other cake / bread / cookie making ingredients which I don't know what to do with. Since cheeses have short expiration dates, I used the Philadelphia cheese as bread spread on my slice of toasted sprouted wheat bread for breakfast! And it tastes very much like cheese cake with a bready base! Not bad at all and I am eating this almost everyday to finish off the packet of cheese which is expiring soon.


My slice of toasted sprouted wheat bread with Philadelphia cream cheese and a drizzle of Maple syrup from Canada. Tastes like cream cheese cake with caramel, yums!

2 comments:

Ann said...

Ooohhh....sounds yummy!

Little Kit Boy said...

hahahah..what a cute idea...toast with philadelphia cream cheese.

Never try before but since you recommended, will try out one fine day....emmm..I'm a cheese lover.