Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Simple And Delish Homecooked Dishes

My mil is a great cook. She can mix and match and whip up a delish dish with whatever ingredients that she can find in the fridge. Every time there are leftover uncooked meat and veggie in the fridge, she can whip up something different that tastes good.

Here's a peek into what we normally have for dinner every night:

Fried fish or steamed fish. I can never go wrong with fried fish for that's my kids' favorite, mine too.




Pan fried Japanese tofu with fresh mushrooms...






Stir fried long beans with brinjal and preserved olives. The salty preserved olives are very flavorful and go well with veggie dishes and meat dishes.





My mil will leave us for a few months again very soon, this time to HK and NZ. Though I dread the thought of having to cook lunch and dinner everyday, there's no way I will get catered homecooked food again after our previous bad experience. My kids and I don't mind having fried eggs, omelette, fried fish and steam chicken in our menu every week. We rather have these simple dishes than having salty and oily catered food with burnt wok residue as toppings on the dishes everyday!

3 comments:

Chris said...

Your MIL is a godsend! U'll have to think of ways to anchor her down in KL! Make lunches at home very simple...I always did...even a cold sandwich and some yogurt and fruit will be fine(I eat that myself!). Less time in the kitchen the better. If the kids want something hot ...grilled cheese or canned soup will do.

MeRy said...

I love the second dishes...tofu with mushroom and it is my favo dishes,even my son also love to eat this dish.

Ann said...

Good thing your kiddos love fried fish. I have trouble getting my son to eat fish. He (and I) don't really like fish! :)

Have to agree with you home cooked food is the best.