Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Hoping For Gloomy Skies And Rainy Days

I have this idiosyncrasy in me where my mood is determined by the weather. Yup the daily weather. When I see dark skies with a looming thunderstorm, my mood is instantly lifted up and I feel really happy LOL!! When the big bright yellow sun is out and the skies are bright, I actually feel down. Weird eh? I guess that's because I cannot stand hot weather. I think I will be happy if I lived overseas in a cold country. Today the skies are dark and cloudy... I can anticipate rain coming, woohooo.... I am happy hehehe!!

7 comments:

Samantha Wei said...

yaya.....cooling and gloomy weather gives us BEST sleep & save us some $$$$ on electricity(a/c) too!!

Little Kit Boy said...

ya..I love this type of weather too but only on weekends....cos if weekday raining, the traffic will be very bad.:(

Yannie said...

I thought i am the only person who like rainy days. I hate hot weather too. Hi 5 Shireen.

MommyAngel said...

Oh .... I thought I am the odd one out there until I saw your post! Me too super happy when I saw the stormy sky out there (provided that I must be at home!! No errands to run, etc) but that has changed totally after we moved to Shanghai coz during winter time, the sky will gets dark at around 4pm++ and almost not much sunshine throughout winter time. So since then, I have start loving the sun over here :) :)

coffeesncookies said...

me too :) and I just love the sound and smell of the rain :)

Chinneeq said...

good to read that i m not the only weird one, as hubby describe. I think i can only relate to the negative ion that is released during the thunderstorm which makes us feel very fresh :)

Unknown said...

same for me too. when i was studying in the UK, i would be very happy during winter time and come summer, my mood is more negative, i'd hide in the house... haha. but now in malaysia, i prefer hot weather for laundry to dry!