Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Homecooked Dishes

My mil cooked these for dinner several nights ago:


Fried fish with tomato sauce and big onions....



Blanched broccoli with egg sauce (eggs and fresh golden needle mushrooms)...




Japanese cucumbers with Japanese salad sauce (sesame & Yuzu citrus dressing). This Japanese salad sauce goes very well with all type of greens ...




Vegetarian fragrant fried rice. This flavorful fried rice is made up of all the fragrant plants - chopped lemon grass, chopped 'fhat foong kum yeep' (fragrant lime leaves), 'keong fah' (chopped ginger flower), maize, diced carrots and shallots. Very nice!




And there was a pot of good soup boiled using pig's big bone marrow, lotus root and lotus root seeds...




The meat from the bone marrow is very very tender and flavorful and my girls love sucking on the bone!

7 comments:

MeRy said...

Yummy and healthy food.

Yannie said...

Oh My! What a delicious food that your family had. Especially the fried rice, it looked so nice.

Unknown said...

I must try that fried rice. But I'll have to leave out the mixed vege coz' my kids will pick out the peas and corn. Looks like simple food but I'm sure very yummy.

LittleLamb said...

i'm hungryyyyy
its 6pm now.

Tammy said...

healthy food. btw, where can i get the japanese salad sauce?

Health Freak Mommy said...

Tammy, my mil bought from HK. You can try Isetan / Jusco.

Unknown said...

Yummylicious! Can I just happen to "pop by" your condo at dinner time? Hehehe... you're so blessed to have MIL cook for you guys.