Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Homecooked Dishes

Check out my mil's homecooked 'sau sai' (culinary skill)....


Fried fish... my 3 girls are absolutely crazy over fried fish!


Bitter gourd omelette with onions and fresh basil leaves...


Braised pork ribs with 'hoisin' sauce (seafood sauce). This dish is really delish, YUMS! In the background are stir fried veggie and steamed brinjals seasoned with soy sauce, fried garlic oil and toasted sesame seeds.

Now that she's away in HK, the dishes I place on the dining table are pretty simple, nothing elaborate and every dish is eash to prepare :D I might consider getting catered homecooked food soon!


3 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

oooh..such delish dishes, yes! the chai yi chai looks crispy.. gosh, now salivating already.. i m very wai sik one..
last evening i steamed 2 tau tai.. small ones.. not nice.. not fresh.. sigh..

coffeesncookies said...

the steamed brinjal looks very interesting.. I love brinjals but it's so oily n unhealthy ,, and I think I shall try your method..
p/s yr kunyit chicken is still my fav.. chicken dish. my sis loves it too.

Ann said...

whoosshhh....really nice dishes!!! Hubby and I also cater...but for me is coz no time to get fresh produce during the weekday!