Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Homecooked Dishes

Here're more of my mil's sau sai (culinary skill). Don't get jealous hor hehehe... but you may salivate...


Shallow fried fish stuffed with freshly pounded turmeric...


Stir-fried bitter gourd with left over siew yoke (roast pork), tau cheong, chilli and Chinese basil leaves...


My favorite braised turnip with dried cuttlefish, mushrooms, pork slices and garnished with Chinese parsley.

She will leave us again soon for HK and I am gamed to cater food from one of those caterers who claim that they don't use MSG in their cooking. I don't think I will have the time to cook without a maid or a mil around.

7 comments:

MeRy said...

Yummy....

Unknown said...

shireen, i want to ask you one very important question. have you learnt or picked up any cooking tips from your MIL so far????

Health Freak Mommy said...

Irene... of coure got lar! It's just that I don't hv the time to cook oni.

BoeyJoey said...

Really good wor... especially the second dish... you and your girls are so lucky! :-D.

sheela said...

My maid leaving 2mrw for 2 wks, so I am also catering. How come u r not catering for ur hub?

Health Freak Mommy said...

Boey Joey... yes, we r indeed lucky!

Sheela... that's becoz his cooks only dishes out non-homecooked food. We want homecooked dishes :)

mott said...

oh.the fish looks really yummy! u're right abt catering. it will certainly help!