Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Homecooked Dishes

One of our dinners last week, all of which was cooked by my mil the great cook:


"Sam Pei Jie" - this is a Taiwanese chicken dish cooked with ginger, Chinese cooking wine, sesame seed oil, soy sauce and Chinese basil leaves.


Braised Chinese cabbage with dried scallops and Chinese parsley.


Shallow pan-fried Japanese tofu with minced pork, fresh mushrooms and dried cuttlefish. This dish was a big hit with the kids.

This is one of the luxuries I enjoy when my mil is around - hot piping meals 2x a day and freshly baked breads and cakes every week. She may leave for HK again after Alycia's first term exam and then I will have to take over the kitchen and wok again :(

2 comments:

Yannie said...

Your MIL is definitely a very good chef.

CL said...

You are sooo lucky.. I love piping hot meals too, especially those cooked by my mum.. miss her cooking...