Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Drink Lots Of Water Baby

It ain't an easy task to get Baby to drink water. Whenever she's given her sippy cup, she will run away, sometimes as if inviting me to chase her... which I have absolutely no time and energy to chase her round the house in order to get her to drink water. I threaten and bribe her a lot in order to make her gulp down water.

Everyday, I say this to her whenever she refuses to drink water. I say this so much that I now recite this like a nursery rhyme and I'm sure very soon, Baby can also recite this "Drink Water' rhyme HAHAHAH!!

Drink Water Ryme:
If you don't drink water, you will get infection,
If you get infection,
You will get injection,
Please drink water
Mummy has no more money to pay the doctor
Drink lots of water
You don't need to see doctor
Baby, drink lots of water
No infection
No injection



One sure way of getting her to drink water willingly is to give her a new cup or tumbler. This was also the case with Alycia and Sherilyn last time when they were about Baby's age. That's how my kichen cabinets are now filled with tumblers!

6 comments:

chanelwong said...

as long she is willing to drink that is more important....
it is hard to get kids to drink water...

Yannie said...

lol! What you mentioned here sounded so familiar to me. It is really a stressful and tough job to coax children drink more water.

Unknown said...

from your experience, i remember vic when she was at bb C's age also refuse to drink water.. have to bribe with biscuit. but for william my boy, thank God we never had a problem coz he takes water throughout the day and we make sure he has access to his water bottle himself.

~LiLHypPo's mUMmy~ said...

Ahahahaha!! You are so creative!! Like that also can :D

Linda said...

can alwasy bring out the old water tumbler and reuse. ziyi and i also likes to communicate using rhymes sometimes...

Shenny's mommy said...

Yes, kids always fancy to experience something new / different. Ha..with different tumbler, they could have water taste differently. My kitchen now also piled up with lots of tumblers.