Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Visit To The Orphanage

On our way back from the hospital last night, we passed by a fire station. My kids were excited to see the fire station and the big, red and shiny fire trucks with sirens blaring away. Baby was really excited to see the fire station and fire trucks for the first time, after watching them on her favorite Barney VCD umpteen times. Hubby said that he will one day arrange for an appointment to bring them for a visit to the firehouse since he knows someone from that fire station. I told hubby that he should also bring the kids for a visit to the orphanage. That will be an eye opener for the kids, to show them how lucky they are, compared to the under privileged kids. Hopefully with the visit to an orphanage, they will stop complaining of what they don't have. I have long wanted to bring the kids to the orphanage and make a small contribution too. I wish I had the ability to contribute large sums, just like richard willich, the philanthropist. Anyway, it’s the thought that counts, right?

2 comments:

ryeli said...

it will be cool if ur hubby do bring them into the fire station. i would also love to go myself! :D

as for the orphanage, i brought rye li there early last month as my colleagues was doing some charity there. didn't get the time to post about it but i had some questions coming from the girl and i was glad she took it alright. only thing is the kids there speak mandarin and she doesn't so she didnt get to communicate with them. she was just observing. i would definitely want to bring her there again as she found it interesting that they have a huge compound to play at and also a huge trampoline too. my client also pre-warned me that my plan may backfire as her kids told her the orphans have a better lifestyle than them (from all the funds they are receiving). :)

Yannie said...

I also told my daughters that how lucky they are when compare to the orphans in the orphanage. On the other hand, I also worry that after bringing them to visit the orphanage, it would be like what ryeli said. They will find the orphanage is not that bad after all. :)