Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

My Very Own Cawan Mushi

After countless times trying to make the perfect, smooth and creamy cawan mushi (Japanese steamed egg), I finally succeeded. I added 1 part water to 1 part egg. Eg. if the egg is 2 ounces, the water should be a little less than 2 ounces. For room temperature egg (i.e. not from fridge), I steamed the egg mixture for 3 minutes under medium flame, then turned off the flame and let the cup of egg sit in the pot for another 5-10 minutes. The girls' former nanny makes super smooth and creamy steamed eggs. She told me that she steams the egg mixture for 1 minute, turn off the fire and let the plate of egg sit in the wok for another few minutes.

Here's the cawan mushi that I made for Baby. I put about 1/4 teaspoon of Bragg's Amino Acid to the egg and she loves it. I prepapre cawan mushi for her several times in a week.


My mil bought this cawan mushi cup from Japan. Nice hor?

1 comment:

chanelwong said...

Ariel also love this...maybe i should get one and steam at home for her...