Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Homemade White Sauce Fish Pasta With Shiitake Mushrooms

I made white sauce fish pasta with Shiitake mushrooms for Baby several weeks back. I had wanted to buy the instant white sauce by Heinz but when I looked at the ingredients, I figured I could whip up a healthier version. I used Baby's formula milk powder, about a tablespoon of butter, a dash of seasalt, a slice of processed cheddar cheese and a few dashes of McCormick mixed herbs. I also chopped up some carrots and french beans. You can chop up some celeries too. I used Heinz alphabet and numbers iron enriched pasta.

Here's Baby's lunch and dinner:


It tasted exactly like the canned mushroom soup and rascal #2 was so hooked on it that she kept pestering me for Baby's pasta for the next few days. And know what? Most of it went into rascal #2's tummy coz Baby didn't quite like pasta cooked this way. Baby hates milk and does not fancy anything that has milk in it. She prefers pasta / spaghetti cooked ala bolognaise.



I made extra portions and deep freeze them.

1 comment:

Mummy Moon said...

good trying on your on version of white sauce, much much healthier than buying the instant one.