Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, July 17, 2009

Baby C Loves Beet Root Soup

My sweetie-pie is a soup lover so I make it a point to prepare a pot of soup everyday. She does not fancy plain water much, so one good way of making her drink enough fluids is through soups. Drinking enough fluids is very important for her (or for anyone with frequent UTIs) as it can flush out those pesky bacteria out from her urinary tract. The more she pees, the better, as there are more chances of the bacteria being flushed out through the pee. Of all the soups, her favorite is beet root. Yup, the bright red soup that resembles blood haha! I guess it's because beet root is naturally very sweet and that makes the soup really tasty and sweet. Even my 2 older fussy pots love beet root soup with sweet corns.



Double boiled beet root soup with lean pork, carrots and sweet corns.





Baby loves beet root soup so much that whenever I feed her, it has to be continuously... spoonful after spoonful without any pause, other wise she would scream! If only she would drink her formula milk with such enthusiasm, life would be so much more easier for me.

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

HFM, where do you find those cute plastic bibs? I have 3 messy eaters so bibs are mandatory every time they eat. My 8 year old is worse than my 2 year old! I love your food reviews, by the way.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Kimberly...I got my stash of plastic bibs from everywhere! From Mothercare (they hv very nice bibs), Mom's Care, Babyland (they now hv a good range of bibs too), Baby Loft Shop and just about anywhere that sells cute and practical bibs.

Kimberly said...

Thanks for the info! I must admit, I'm addicted to keeping my kids clean since I'm also a neat freak and I'm always on the lookout for cute bibs. I have to look for larger ones these days since they're getting bigger (and so are the messes).

Chris said...

What a cute pic! Looks like she might even drink the soup from a sippy cup and that would free up both your hands! I have to giggle abt those plastic bibs...they are widely avail. here for CAD 1. Next time I visit Msia, I'll buy a whole bunch and sell them @ pasar malam!! I did use them lots for my kids...better than the soft plastic ones which were awful to clean and get dry.

Kiss my ass said...

eh..if she has UTI then u have to train her to wash her privates after she pees ge le wo.. makes a difference really.

Annie Q said...

Beet root soup!! I never heard beet root soup before, should try that one day.