Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, May 8, 2009

Baby C's Post Surgery - Day 2

Baby C has stopped puking since last night. She has also passed flatulence and poo poo yesterday. So the doctor gave me the green light to start feeding her with small amount of breast milk. Initially, I was really worried that my sweetie-pie would reject my boops as she was so weak and listless but boy was I wrong. The minute I put my boop to her mouth, she devoured on it like she used to before the surgery!

However, an hour later, my poor baby puked the milk out when she was sleeping... all over her hair and body... and the bad part is we can't bathe her or wash her hair for at least another week! No amount of wiping could remove the vomit stench from her hair. The same thing happened a few hours later when I nursed her again. The nurses then had to aspirate out the milk from her tummy, eewww! I just hope her guts will be able to digest and tolerate breastmilk better by tomorrow without anymore puking.



Breastfeeding my sweetie-pie has never been this difficult before. With all the tubes dangling from her body and from the machine, I've had a tough time lying down next to her to nurse her. I even had to climb into her tiny cot, lie down next to her extra carefully and contort my body (so that it fits into her tiny cot) to nurse her! Oh gawd, all these are stressing me out to the max. I don't even need ephedra to help me lose weight. Even without exercising for 10 days during my stay in the hospital, I am pretty sure my weight will drop in no time.

5 comments:

mommy to chumsy said...

poor baby C......so helpless. is she feeling cranky now?

Merryn said...

poor girl. really cant tahan to see the look in her eyes. hope she gets better real soon n smiles for the camera again..

Mummy Moon said...

maybe try don't feed too much for her? then she will be able to digest easily...

Hope she will be a healthy girl and can walk and play as usual very soon.

Chris said...

Pls check with the nurses/doc why C can't have her hair washed esp if she has vomit in it! Poor poor babe! I can understand no tub bath but sponge bathing shouldn't be a problem and I'm sure you will keep the stitches dry. Reminds me that one is forbidden to wash one's hair after childbirth..a bunch of crock really. No scientific explanation for it.

MamaJo said...

Your eyes show how tired you are!!! I bet once Baby C is out from hospital, sure your wish will be to get a GOOD sleep....