Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Alycia's Sudden Love For Math

Alycia astonished me yesterday when my daughter who didn't seem to have interest in Math previously asked me to practise doing equations with her. Ever since she mastered the skill of doing mental addition about 2 months back, she's been very proud of her achievement. But yesterday, I don't know what piqued her sudden interest in Math as she kept asking me to set equations for her. First I set some additions for her, then some subtractions. She's still quite confused with her subtraction though. Sometimes she would also get confused with the plus and minus sign.



I put the bigger number in my head, then show 3 fingers... so ten plus three is..... ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen!



Busy doing her additions.



Today she asked me for more equations! Woohoo.... whenever I hear Alycia asking me to do Math with her, I tell you, that's like music to my ears! And she's getting better and better each day.

3 comments:

slavemom said...

With Maths, it's all abt practice. Good job, Aly! She's gonna master it vy soon.

Merryn said...

clever gal! wow.. u must be super happy rite now.. i felt happy looking at her counting too! :)

coffeesncookies said...

that's quite advanced for her age. I remember my time, it was single digit in std 1 and double digit in std 2. She's not even in primary yet.. way to go Alycia !!!