Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, January 5, 2009

First Day Of School

After resting at home for almost 2 long months, my 2 older gals are finally back to school today. I felt a sense of relief during breakfast today. I could also finally sit down to have breakfast for a short 10 minutes today as I didn't have to prepare breakfast for Aly and Sher. I also didn't have to yell at Sher for running up and down and dropping her food and spilling her drinks everywhere on the floor. I could concentrate fully on feeding Baby C her meds and health supplements and flash cards to her whilst feeding her. I thought I could have a breather until 12 noon but I heard their voices at 10:30am when I was in my room, preparing to bathe Baby C. Hubby told me that the school will dismiss the kids at 10:30am for 3 days because of the orientation. Sigh..... I thought I could have a longer respite. The minute my 2 older gals were back, I started to feel stressed up again. Whilst I was busy bathing Baby C, Alycia wrote her name all wrongly with marker pen on all her new school books! I was really mad as she didn't ask my permission first and now the new books look really awful. Now, I have to write her name again on the books.

2 comments:

MamaJo said...

He,he...cool down....that's kids. By the way, this year, Jona also wrote his own name on all his book ~ of course, with ugly handwritting...ha,ha...I just don't bother, since it is his book and his responsible one day :P

Anonymous said...

You're a fantastic mother, Shireen. Sher is just naturally clumsy and doesn't mean to intentionally upset you. You have seen her embarrassment previously when she spilled stuff on her daddy's food. Alycia is just excited about starting school again and eager to do things herself. Writing mistakes are common at this age. I'm sure Alycia is also upset with herself. From this incident, she will learn to be careful next time. Just wrap the book and guide her to write neatly on a new cover.

You're a perfectionist, Shireen. But you need to allow room for your kids' mistakes, give space for their learning curve for them to grow. With so many issues on Baby C's healthcare, you must learn not to mind these things too much. Otherwise you will constantly resent their mishaps and slowly go insane.

-anony-mouse-