Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Cranberry Powder and Leptovox

Did you know that there’s such a thing as cranberry extract in tablet and capsule form? I found out from a mom in the U.S. whose baby has kidney reflux and she’s been feeding the cranberry powder to her baby. I’ve been asking several organic shops and pharmacies here but none of them sell this product. I will most likely order the cranberry capsules from online stores from the U.S.. I think it would be easier to feed Baby C cranberry powder than cranberry juice. Baby C just hates the sour cranberry juice and she'd fuss, struggle and cry each time I feed her with it.

When I was combing through the internet, I also found out about Leptovox, a weight-loss product that’s formulated based on the weight-loss research of Oprah Winfrey’s nutritionist. Leptovox contains 10 superfoods recommended by Oprah’s nutritionist, namely :

• Alfalfa
• Barley
• Brazilian Acai
• Buckwheat
• Cayenne Pepper Fruit
• Flaxseed
• Garlic
• Kefir
• Soybeans
• Wheatgrass

Sounds impressive eh? Well, I’m in no hurry to lose my last 3 stubborn kilos but if ever I have the desire to lose it fast, I may try Leptovox.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Shireen

I can get some cranberry capsules here in Perth. Do you want me to buy some for baby C and post it to you?

Cheers
Mel from down under

Health Freak Mommy said...

Mel... I'd love for you to send them to me but
1) how do you know which one to buy for me? There are many varieties from what I've seen from the internet.

2) how am I going to pay you?

Charmaine said...

Shireen,
This is the brand my mother takes to prevent UTI. http://www.blackmores.com.au/products/Detail.aspx?ProductId=1872

I am not sure if it is appropriate for infants.

Charmaine

Anonymous said...

Hi Shireen

I will ask the pharmacist which type is the best for infant to take with kidney reflux.
As long this cranberry capsule works for baby C I will post that to you. We will talk about payment later.
Can you give me your email add? let me drop by to the chemist tomorrow and ask them first.
Mel

Health Freak Mommy said...

Charming... Blackmores is a good brand. I take their ACE and Fish oil. I don't think our pharmacies here have Blackmores cranberry capsules.

Mel...my email address is shireenyong@gmail.com. Thanks very much for your help. I really appreciate it!

Anonymous said...

GNC carries Cranberry in tablet form. You can find them in any shopping mall. I hope this helps.