Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Braised Minced Pork With Potatoes And Tomatoes



This used to be one of my favorite dishes. My late maternal grandma used to cook this dish for us more than 2 decades ago. My brothers and I would devour on this dish when we're back from school each time she cooked it for lunch. I have not eaten this dish for aeons and the other day, I cooked it for the first time. It turned out very well and the gals loved it.

Ingredients
Minced pork
Sliced potatoes
1 tomatoes, cut into wedges
Oyster sauce to taste
Soya sauce to taste
Pepper to taste
Sugar to taste
A dollop of black sauce for coloring (optional)
Chopped garlic

Method
Pan fry the sliced potatoes until both sides turn brown. Scoop out the potatoes.
Saute garlic. Once fragrant and brown, stir fry the minced pork.
Add all the sauces, pepper and sugar and continue frying.
Add in the potatoes.
Add in some water and cook for another 5 minutes.
Serve hot with rice... this dish whets the appetite and perfect for kids!

1 comment:

Bits said...

Hey! One of my favorite dish too!