Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, December 15, 2008

My Dad's Homecooked Dishes

At home, my dad is always the cook whilst my mum would be the baker. My dad will always kau tim cooking the dinner and my mum would bake bread, pau, cakes, muffins, cookies, pies, kuihs, jam and much more. That's one of the reasons why I love to go back to my hometown. Yesterday my dad cooked my favorite turmeric or kunyit chicken and braised pork ribs. Though Sherilyn had eaten one whole load of junk food when we went shopping at Giant, she couldn't resist the delicious dishes that koong koong cooked and ate 1 bowl of rice and lots of chicken.


The turmeric chicken that my dad cooked.


Sherilyn enjoying the chicken. She prefers to eat the chicken with the bone and doesn't like me to debone it for her.

6 comments:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

oh boy...sure looks delicious. you are so lucky that your dad cooks and your mom bakes :D

hahaha....guess you didn't forget to pack those bibs for the girls eh?

Anonymous said...

yum yum...how lucky to have dad that can cook and a mum that can bake. :D

Anonymous said...

Sher sure know which food is yummy. I'm sure you must be really happy to see your little ones enjoy the dinner so much your own dad cooked for them isn't it.

Cheers, Mel from down under

coffeesncookies said...

the chicken looks so delicious and it's such a warm feeling to see the kids enjoying grandpa and grandma's cooking.

Leena said...

wah, your mom is so lucky your daddy cooks so well. Of course, you're lucky to have such a father too. The turmeric chicken really looks delicious.

MamaJo said...

Wow, your daddy cooking seem to be superb!!! My saliva also start drooling seeing the chicken....yummy yummy