Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Weaning Sherilyn Off Diapers During Nap Time

As I had expected, it has been really difficult to wean Sherilyn off diapers during the afternoon nap. I had a tough time potty-training her when she was 2 yo. For Alycia, it was a breeze potty-training her and weaning her off diapers, both during nap time and night time. It was also very easy to wean Alycia off the pacifier and it only took her 3-4 days to get over her pacifier.

With Sherilyn, it's tough. The first day, there wasn't any pee accident. Second day, she peed in her pants. Third day, she wore diaper to nap. The fourth day, no pee accident. Fifth day, pee accident again ..... and she would pee in her pants every other day though I had made sure she peed before she napped. She even peed in her pants half an hour after she had peed in the toilet. It's already 2 weeks since I ditched the diaper but she's still peeing in her pants during her nap. Many times I just felt like giving up and just put her on the diaper but I keep telling myself that I should not regress but should put in a little more effort. If I give up, both of us would have to go back to square one and start all over again. Hopefully over time, Sher would have learnt to control her bladder even during her sleep. Oh gawd, it's so tiring having to train Sher and take care of an extra clingy baby.... a baby whom I have to ensure that her diaper is changed after every pee to prevent another UTI. God help me please!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

take it easy shireen... mayb u shld stop trainning sher first n fully concentrate on bb c ... take care ya my fren