Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I Hope It's Not Another UTI

Will be bringing Baby C to the hospital this morning to have Dr Indon get a clean sample of her urine via insertion of a catheter.... sigh.... another painful and traumatic time for my poor baby! The FEME urine test done 2 days ago showed that there are 8-10 WBCs in baby's urine and the initial urine culture test yesterday showed that there's growth of some bacteria in the urine but the actual growth of bacteria is not known yet as the culture will only be ready today. So the best is to bring Baby C to have a clean sample of her urine taken for an accurate result.

Wish us luck. I am mentally prepared to have Baby C undergo a surgery to fix her urinary system so that she does not have to suffer anymore UTI attacks. Everyday is like a nightmare for me for the past 3.5 months and I just hope I can put all these behind me soon.

11 comments:

chanelwong said...

Get well soon baby C...you are such a brave little baby...

Family First said...

I salute you for your courage and fighting spirit. Dont worry, Baby C will be alright.

dumb-baker said...

Dear HFM,

So sorry to hear about Baby C's condition. Shall keep her in my prayer and hopefully all the unfortunate incidents will just *pooooffff*...gone in the wind.

Irene said...

God bless you guys. take care. hopefully all tis will end soon & bb C will be well soon!

Anonymous said...

firstly, you are very strong, may yr baby recover soon. other than the urine test, are there any other symptoms i.e. fever, foul urine. my baby had one uti few months ago, shd i test the urine regularly even though there's no signs of fever or smelly urine?

sarah said...

Keep strong Shireen, baby C will be alright. Just have faith in God.

Niya prakash said...

Hi Shireen
Nothing to worry. I'll pray for your family. Especially for Baby C.
God bless

Health Freak Mommy said...

Sue... if your bb had a UTI once, it's best that you seek your paed's advise on whether you shd let your baby undergo a test called MCUG to see if she/he has kidney reflux. If your bb has KR, your bb wld mostly be on antibiotics until the KR is gone.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Hey peeps... thanks very much for all the kind words and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Hi, done the MCUG, negative for KR, could be due to hygiene, now I'm constantly monitoring the temperature and urine smell and colour, but did not do the urine test like you. Just wonder if no fever means it's fine or do I still need to test the urine.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Sue...for my bb, her urine can still have bacteria though she has no fever. If she has a fever, it is already a full-blown serious case of UTI and needs hospitalization. If you're worried, you can always send your bb's urine for a simple urine FEME test or do a urine C&S (culture) test.